This delicious a healthy vegetarian burger is pure heaven. You will be surprised that this tastes so good. My husband and son were like sour faced when i told them what was for dinner. but when they tasted it they were amazed and both said it was great and they loved it.
Chipotle butternut squash and bean burger
This is a delicious hamburger made from healthy beans and squash plus of course our hot Chipotle sauce. Even our kids loved it (of course we didn’t tell them it was vegetarian ..smile. But seriously give it a try.
Squash and Bean Burger
- 2 cups butternut squash chopped
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 tbsp. chipotle sauce
- 2 flax egg (2tbs ground flaxseed mixed with 6tbs hot water. Sit for 15 mins.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- This is a delicious burger made from healthy beans and squash plus of course our hot Chipotle sauce. Even our kids loved it (of course we didn’t tell them it was vegetarian ..smile. But seriously give it a try.Blend the butternut squash, shallots and garlic. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to form a dough.Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and shape them into patties. Place the burgers on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375ºF.Add the vegetarian burgers to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
*Cabbage slaw (mayo, ooft and zest of lime or lemon.
*Ooft mayo and chipotle sauce to garnish. Serve immediately.