Chipotle pork tortilla with Ooft! Scotch bonnet and Chipotle Mayo
This simple wrap can be put together quickly and tastes delicious. An ideal quick lunch or tasty dinner with a side salad.
Serves 3-4 regular tortillas
Time: 30min or less
• 1 pork chop bone in, grilled or pan fried
• 1 med tomato cubed
• 1 clove garlic finely chopped
• 1/4 onion chopped finely
• 4 tbs chipotle sauce
• 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 1/2 red onion, sliced
• 1/4 cabbage, finely shredded
• 6 – 8 jalapeños rings, chopped
• 1 handful coriander, leaves roughly chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
• 4 small flour or corn tortillas, warmed
SCOTCH BONNET / CHIPOTLE MAYO
• 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
• 2tsp Ooft! Chipotle and 1 tsp Ooft! Scotch bonnet hot sauce
• Juice of 1/4 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
• 1.Thickly slice pork chop, set aside.
• 2.Pickled Onions – combine vinegar, sesame oil and 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp sugar in a bowl. Add sliced red onion, then cover with plastic wrap and set aside to pickle.
• 3.For the scotch bonnet and chipotle mayo, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate till needed.
• 4.Slaw – combine the cabbage, jalapeno and coriander in a bowl.
• 5. Little oil in pan, fry finely chopped onions and garlic, till translucent. Then add chopped tomato, stir and season with salt. Cover and cook till tomato breaks down. Then add the sliced pork and 4tbs Ooft! chipotle sauce, more if you like. Mix to combine, heat through.
• 6. Ready to plate Spread tortillas with scotch bonnet and chipotle mayo. Top with slaw, pork, pickled onion and coriander. Drizzle with a little lime juice. Extra Ooft! hot sauce as desired.