Chipotle Chicken Burrito, quick and easy but healthy meal on those busy days.
This recipe just works well with our Chipotle buy it by clicking belowShop Now
- Recipe for Chipotle Chicken Burrito kindly provided by Chef Martin Sweeney
- Chef Sweeney a regular contributor to Loch Lomond Food and Drink Festival – LINK
- You come home from work tired and not to keen to cook. In the fridge you have some chicken breast and salad.. Boing, idea, a burrito. Its healthy, its quick, its tasty and its filling plus it takes a few minutes. This is the dish for you. You have a family, wow guess what kids love this. Success, make, eat, and collapse, day done.
- The nice thing about this dish is how easy to make and how tasty. Make a side salad or add a salsa. Sometimes when your tired you just want a quick healthy meal in front of the TV or on the couch. This is the one!
Chipotle Chicken Burrito
There is nothing as good for a quick healthy meal than a burrito Top Chef Martin Sweeney sent us this delicious version
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- 600 gm Chicken breast (cut into strips)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 100 gm mayonnaise
- 1 pack gem lettuce
- salt and pepper, tomato salsa
- 100 gm coriander chopped rough
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- Marinade the breast strips in the lime juice and hot sauce, season with salt and pepper, allow to sit for 10 mins.Roughly slice the lettuce and mix with mayonnaise and lime zest, salt and pepper to tasteMake the tomato salsa by mixing the tomatoes, coriander, red onion and season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice (add a few drops on Ooft! If you like a spicy salsa)Drain and dab dry on kitchen towel and in a hot pan with cooking oil fry for 2 minutes on each side till golden and cooked through.Warm the tortillas in a microwave for a minute.Build the chipotle chicken burrito starting with the lettuce and mayonnaise on the bottom, chicken on top of that and topping it off with the tomato salsa and some chopped coriander. Drizzle a little extra Ooft! On top and foldIf you want more protein then melt some cheese over it before rollingServe with a wedge of limeYou might like to try, cabbage instead of lettuce for more crunch, or add sliced sweet peppers