Chipotle Chicken Tortilla, quick and easy but healthy meal on those busy days.
Duration: 20 mins
A quick and spicy snack
Ooft! Chipotle sauce
2 Limes (zested and juiced)
600g Chicken breast (cut into strips)
8 Flour tortillas
1 pack Gem lettuce
Salt and pepper
100g coriander (roughly chopped, save some for garnish)
3 ripe tomatoes (roughly chopped)
1 small Red onion (finely chopped)
½ of a lime (juiced)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Marinade the chicken breast strips in the lime juice and chipotle sauce, season with salt and pepper, allow to sit for 10 mins.
- Roughly slice the lettuce and mix with mayonnaise and lime zest, salt and pepper to taste
- Make the tomato salsa by mixing the tomatoes, coriander, red onion and season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice (add a few drops on ooft! If you like a spicy salsa)
- Drain the chicken and dab dry on kitchen towel and in a hot pan with cooking oil fry for 2 minutes on each side till golden and cooked through.
- Warm the tortillas in a microwave for a minute.
- Build the wrap starting with the lettuce and mayonnaise on the bottom, chicken on top of that and topping it off with the tomato salsa and some chopped coriander. Drizzle a little extra Ooft! On top and fold
Serve with a wedge of lime
You might like to try, cabbage instead of lettuce for more crunch, or add sliced sweet peppers
Recipe kindly provided by Chef Martin Sweeney
- Chef Sweeney a regular contributor to Loch Lomond Food and Drink Festival – LINK
BUY Ooft! Smoky Chipotle to make this recipe – LINK