BUTTER CHICKEN RECIPE
Our Recipe for Butter chicken. Comment and feedback appreciated.
700 gm raw chicken (used pack 7 chicken thighs with bone)
For the Marinade:
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala (Tandoori mix)
1 tsp ginger and garlic finely chopped
250 gr Greek yogurt
Salt to taste
For the Gravy:
1 1/2 tsp ground roasted cumin seeds
4 green Cardamom seeds
1 tin whole tomatoes puréed
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
100 gm fresh cream
2 fresh mild green chilli chopped
1 tsp Ooft Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce
1 tsp ground fenugreek or leaves (substitute ½ tsp fennel seeds)
1. In a bowl marinate the chicken with ginger, garlic, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and yogurt. Mix well…. Keep it in the refrigerator, marinate overnight or minimum 4 hours.
2. Preheat Grill oven to 240C, Grill meat until it is almost cooked. It may take about 20 to 30 mins depending on the size of your chicken….
For the chicken gravy
1. Heat half of the butter in pan.
2. Pour in the tomato puree, and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add cumin, cardamom,sugar, chilli powder and salt to taste. Mix well.
3. Add the grilled chicken, remaining butter, tsp Ooft, and fenugreek
4. Saute for 7-10min till chicken is cooked..
5. Add the fresh cream, do not cook for long after you add to the gravy, otherwise the gravy may curdle…..
6. Garnish with Cilantro
Serve hot with Basmati rice, Biryani rice or naan, add extra Ooft! To taste.
for more recipes visit our Google+ page – link to Google+